ISO 27001 Information Security Management
ISO 27001 is the industry’s standard to provide requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). An ISMS is a methodical approach to managing a company’s sensitive information so that it remains secure. It applies risk management processes to people, processes, and IT systems, helping businesses in any sector to keep information assets secure. ISO 27001 uses a top-down, risk-based methodology and is technology-neutral.
Organization Pain Points in Implementing Information Security
- Lack of defined protocols for information governance, risk, and compliance
- Continuous information reporting and documentation
- Proper information asset categorization and management
- Lack of defined protocols for information security verification and validation
- Detailed information risk assessment and reporting